Coming up to speed in an existing software system can feel intimidating. It could be that the technology is old, the components are interconnected or the workflows are complicated and nuanced. Whether looking to modernize a system or find a new technology partner, you have to start somewhere. At Gavant, we leverage tools and experience to navigate that hurdle. Using a 29-point software assessment, we evaluate an existing business software ecosystem using key indicators across five distinct categories.
- Is the system maintainable?
- Is the architecture modern?
- When was it last updated?
- Is there unexpected downtime?
- What is the development throughput
- Are you maintaining or enhancing
- Are updates tested adequately
- How up to date are your developers' skills
- Are there architecture vulnerabilities
- Is the underlying code inaccessible
- How could data be accessed
- How could data be misused
- Does the system align with your workflow
- Is the system easy to train for and use
- Can you see the data and reports you need
- Is it quick/responsive or slowing you down
- Are you adapting to mobility standards
- Can other systems integrate with your system
- Are you innovating to win new customers
- Are you leveraging AI, analytics and cloud
360 Degree Analysis
Great software consulting comes down to the right people asking the right questions. Let's face it. You won't have all the answers, and that's fine. Knowing is half the battle.
It starts with a conversation... We learn what the software was built to do, what your experience has been and where you need it to go. Who are the stakeholders? What are the business drivers? With that context, our experienced engineers review the code, observing key metrics across specific categories. In the end, we share our findings and offer insight on how those findings align with current trends. These simply serve as data points.
It's a formal process that's value-oriented. But, it's one that's uniquely tailored to meet specific needs and objectives.
Software Assessment Benefits
A software assessment provides the information you need to feel confident that your software will meet the needs of your business. The process itself is streamlined and transparent. And, it enables you to make decisions that are driven by data.
Will a software assessment from a professional offer some perspective and peace of mind?
- Know your blindspots
- Find efficiencies and savings
- Meet security and compliance goals