Objective software assessment that enables you to make the right technology decisions
29-Point Software Assessment
Through software consulting, we incorporate a 29-point software assessment of your existing business software ecosystem, checking for key indicators that fall into five distinct categories.
Vital Statistics are fundamental, high level considerations about the system, its architecture and its environment.
- Is the system maintainable?
- Are the languages and architecture modern?
- What plug-ins and external dependencies are you using?
- Does it run fast enough to keep up?
- When was it last updated?
- Do you experience unexpected downtime?
Dev Efficiency relates to the level of performance of the development team, QA team and operations personnel.
- What is the rate of development throughput?
- Are you spending time on maintenance or enhancements?
- Are updates tested adequately?
- Does development cost ebb and flow with business cycles?
- Does your team collaborate?
- Are your developers' skills up to date?
Process Efficiency considers the friction point between people, processes and systems.
- Does the system work for you or do you work the way the system dictates?
- Is the system intuitive or do your people require extensive training to be proficient?
- Can you see the data you need or do you need to download into Excel for further processing?
Security is relative. Don’t ignore threats. Instead, expose them. Then, make a plan to eliminate vulnerability.
- Do you have a crisis management team?
- What vulnerabilities are inherent to your architecture?
- Is the underlying code safe and inaccessible?
- How could data be accessed, internally and externally?
- How could data be misused, internally and externally?
- Is your staff well-trained?
Future Readiness acknowledges that the future is on the horizon. Are you positioned to embrace it or resist it?
- Can the system handle the technologies and conditions of the future, like Internet of Things (IoT) and mobility standards of any time, any place, any device?
- Are you able to innovate at a pace needed to win tomorrow’s customer?
- Are you leveraging the SMAC technology architecture (social, mobile, analytics, cloud) to address key challenges and opportunities?
360 Degree Analysis
It starts with a conversation... We learn what the software was built to do, what your experience has been and where you need it to go. Our experienced software engineers review the code to gauge key metrics across specific categories.
It ends with a conversation... We share our findings and draw from vast experience in technology and trends to offer options and guidance. The whole experience is tailored to meet your needs and objectives.
Decisions Driven By Data
A software assessment provides the information you need to feel confident that your software will meet the needs of your business. The process itself is streamlined and transparent.
Digital transformation is the innovative blend of sophisticated technology, beautiful design and compelling experience. It requires expertise, strategy, discipline and the courage to challenge convention.