Given that this was a re-boot of a live customer-facing web system, full backward compatibility had to be achieved with the initial release so that the two sites could run in parallel during the initial release. This backward compatibility has been maintained throughout the entire lifecycle of the product to provide seamless releases. Deployed on a load-balanced farm environment, the Music system enjoys the high availability, 100% uptime afforded by such deployments.
Transitioning from the searching capabilities provided by SQL Server natively, the music team looked to the Apache Solr/Lucene platform to provide search services for the new system. Providing a balance of keyword searching and parameterized filtering, the Solr implementation provides users with precise, lightning-fast results.
To ensure compatibility with the existing implementation, the BitGravity CDN has continued to power the asset delivery mechanisms involved with the new system. Reliable content delivery has proved to be even more important with the integration of the new system, given that the gettyimages.com domain and its worldwide presence on other TLDs has increased the targeted audience by orders of magnitude.
- Full integration of “Pump Audio Soundtrack” as HTML-based solution under gettyimages.com
- Powerful search features to precisely refine search results based on keywords and/or attribute filtering
- Full support for all modes of online content licensing supported by Getty Images
- Custom playlists to tag favorite tracks
- Enhanced support for individual asset details
- Focus on content promotion centered around albums and artists
- CMS-enabled page regions for dynamic content creation and management
- ASP.NET MVC
- Spark MVC View Engine
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Solr · Search platform
- BitGravity · Content distribution
- Alfresco · Content management