Gavant Software selected as 2014 GOBY Award recipient
February 21, 2014 - Albany, NY - Released by The Stakeholders, Inc.
(Albany, NY) – The Stakeholders, Inc. has announced the winners of the 2014 GOBY Awards (Get on Board Volunteer Awards) designed to recognize companies, organizations and individuals who have provided exemplary volunteer services in New York’s Capital Region. The GOBY Awards will be presented in a Hollywood-style ceremony on Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at the GE Theatre at Proctors in downtown Schenectady, New York.
Two hundred Capital Region business and community leaders are expected to gather to honor the 2014 honorees, starting at 5:30pm with a lavish networking cocktail party, followed by the Oscar-style award show at 6:30 pm (minus the long-winded speeches!). Hosted by Robert Clancy, owner of Spiral Design Studio and author of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Soul, the ceremony will be enhanced by performances from area bands and other musical groups.
The 2014 GOBY Award winners are:
- Marcus Q. Pryor, Young Philanthropist Award
- Michelle Hines Abram, Arts Ambassador Award
- David Rozen, Civic Engagement & Advocacy Award
- Lisa Clifford, Volunteer Spirit Award
- Leah Powell Tyrrell, Volunteer Spirit Award
- Nixon Peabody, LLP, Building Sustainable Communities Award
- John Matthew Douglas, Community Mentorship Award
- O’Connell & Aronowitz, The Heart of Business Award
- Momentive Performance Materials, Inc., Outstanding Company Service Project Award
- Gavant Software, Outstanding Company Service Project Award
- Saratoga Warhorse, Everyday Hero Award
- Fazana Saleem-Ismali, Dreamer Award
Special Recognition: Stakeholders Founders Award
This special award will be given to Stakeholders Board Members and staff who had an early and influential impact on the formation and success of Stakeholders. Founders Award honorees are:
- Catherine. M. Hedgeman, Founder and CEO
- James J. Salengo, Board President
- Alan Alexander, Board Treasurer
- Jason Lane
- Richard Nacy
- Justin Priddle
- Brianne Ptak-Mimura
- Karen Trudell
- Michael Weidrich
- Stephen M. Martini, Chief Financial Officer
- Ray Patterson, Volunteer Information Director
Based in Albany, New York, The Stakeholders is a not-for-profit organization that inspires and equips people to take positive action in their communities. Stakeholders, Inc. is a New York State Regional Volunteer Center for an eight-county region, as well as an affiliate of the National Points of Light Institute.
More information about The Stakeholders, Inc. and ticket purchasing options for the 2014 GOBY Awards can be found by visiting http://stakeholders.force.com/Events_V.
For more information
To learn more about Gavant or discuss a potential project idea, call us at 518.273.2880 or email us at email@example.com.